Ravioli Salad with Cilantro Pesto, Olives, and Pepitas
Write a review
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro
- 1/2 ounce Parmesan, grated (1/3 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more for seasoning
- 1/3 cup hulled pumpkin seeds (pepitas), toasted
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Fine salt
- 1 pound fresh or frozen cheese ravioli
- 1/2 cup oil-cured pitted black olives or Kalamata olives, chopped
- Fresh thyme leaves or thyme flowers (optional), for serving
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Meanwhile, make the cilantro pesto: In a blender, combine cilantro, Parmesan, garlic, lemon juice, all but 1 tablespoon pepitas, and a splash of oil. Blend until smooth. With machine running, slowly add remaining oil until pesto comes together into a vibrant green sauce. Season with salt and more lemon juice, if desired.
- Generously salt boiling water, add ravioli, and cook according to package instructions. Drain, transfer to a large bowl, and immediately toss with a big spoonful of pesto. Allow pesto to absorb, 1 minute, then add 1/2 cup pesto along with all but 1 tablespoon olives. Toss gently but thoroughly and add more pesto, if desired.
- Sprinkle with remaining olives, pepitas, and thyme. Serve warm or at room temperature. (Refrigerate remaining pesto in an airtight container, up to 2 days.)